Thursday, January 18, 2007

FIONN REGAN "Be Good Or Be Gone"

I lost 31,000 songs when my LaCie 160GB hard drive filled with music failed to mount yesterday. My computer finds the drive in Disk Utility and Disk Warrior, but can't manage to mount the drive. And that, my friends, sucks a big bag of dicks, because I spent the better part of 4 years burning my collection, etc. So I can't share with you right now. Not like I want to. But enjoy this lovely video from Irish lad, Fionn Regan. He's playing tonight at Union Hall in Brooklyn.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

That was lovely.

Unknown said...

Dude,

Please tell me that you didn't dump yer rec collection like so many digital losers.

pkm

Hans said...

Dude, yer music ain't gone, it's just harder to get at. You could find a new hard drive interface on eBay maybe, or any computer repair shop should be able to transfer the files to a new hard drive. Best of luck, that's a nightmare.

Philip said...

Data Rescue has saved my ass several times at work. Mac & PC versions; http://www.prosofteng.com

Philip

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Sound technical ideas for sure. If I may give my 2 cents.....how 'bout putting a cd in your player, or better yet, an lp on your turntable?

Not exactly revolutionary, but VERY reliable!

pkm

liz said...

I hope you find a way to get yer HD back. :-/