Wednesday, September 20, 2006


SPOOKY & SUE "I've Got The Need"

It's been a while, sweet, sweet dear turntable. I'm sorry I neglected you this summer. I've been very busy with new projects and overwhelmed on a diet of new and forthcoming music. It finally came to a head yesterday when I got the new Sloan and Bluetones records. I listened to both, twice over, and realized, I need to listen to something old now. Too many advance cds, not enough soul.

Sigh. I found Spooky & Sue's 45rpm single in the bins at Rhino Records in New Paltz, NY. If you've never been, I suggest a road trip. Here's to hoping they still have piles and piles of cool old records. Probably not on par with Princeton Record Exchange, but not bad either. I went up there for a wedding and salvaged the day with some record shopping (record shopping always tames the savage beast). I remember there was a vending machine outside the store that sold mealworms in a styrofoam cup for a dollar.

I also know that I've spun this little gem many times. Apparently they were big in the Netherlands. I don't remember them on the radio in the 70s here, but get your Spooky & Sue on. They've got the need to be with you, tonight.

I'VE GOT THE NEED

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember them: I'm gonna make you, a sta ha hu har - clap clap.