Thursday, July 27, 2006


SOMEONE STILL LOVES YOU BORIS YELTSIN "Broom"

Proof that I am still a teenager and not completely a jaded indie snob. This is the best song I've heard all year. Despite the clunky name (which made me not want to check them out), SSLYBY serve up some ebullient pop without soft serving it up emo style. Broom was self-released but is being re-released on Polyvinyl on October 22. "I Am Warm..." starts all Weezer if they were any good and didn't layer on 400 guitar tracks and then snaps into a celebratory Postal Service's "Clark Gable" as played by Voxtrot. That was the worst sentence I ever did write, but listen to the track, it's remotely accurate. And still, I love this song.

SSLYBY play NYC a few times in September, but I'll be catching them with Birdmonster and Catfish Haven at newly opened Union Hall (conflict of interest, whatever) on September 8. I love you but I've chosen someone still loves you Boris Yeltsin.

I AM WARM AND POWERFUL

7 comments:

dancing at gunpoint said...

that song is sooooo good.

Anonymous said...

catfish haven are my friends! isn't that interesting?!

Bryan said...

it is pretty good but that one sentence made me throw up in my mouth

Jack said...

Someone still loves you throw up Man In Gray.

Anonymous said...

great song, even better band name. i dunno, it just makes me picture a lonely yeltsin, downing stoli and calling old girlfriends up at 2 am.

Anonymous said...

dude,

the entire record industry (or what's left of it....) is one big conflict of interest.

that said, can you get me on the guest list + 5?

ciao

pkm

Bryan said...

someone still loves to throw up

formerly known as

throw up say yeah!