Wednesday, June 21, 2006


B-MOVIE "Forever Running"

Oops. Sorry I've been slacking. I really intend to post at least once a day. It's hard. I mean it only takes like 15 minutes for an entry, but I totally understand how people are fueled by comments or feedback.

It's starting to become very obvious to me that the majority of the vinyl I own came out between 1976 and 1988. I guess that makes sense, being the formative years for me. I'm also realizing I'm a very big pussy. I'm looking forward to the new Scritti Politti record. I like guys who sing like girls. I've just realized that Grandaddy are my favorite band of the last 5 years. I also like that fake romantic crap. Early Spandau Ballet, the Associates, sigh. Maybe that's why I took to B-Movie in high school.

B-Movie, not unlike, Scritti Politti, went from experimental and respected art school indie rock band, to high gloss over produced pop band. Hmmm. I seem to have no problem with that. Forever Running was, from what I know, their only US release. It was on Sire and came out in 1985. The formula for making me plunk down my money, Sire + 80s = me needs it. No idea where I got this, maybe Camelot Music in the Ocean County Mall, but I did pay full price, whatever that was in 1986.

B-Movie's big underground hit, their I Melt With You, was Nowhere Girl. You may have heard it. It's pretty solid, even in its primitive 12 inch form. It's re-recorded on Forever Running, but I'm omitting it here. I have included two of my fave tracks, I dunno, they just stuck with me all these years, though the production is hard to swallow sometimes. For good measure, I've also added B-Movie's rare US 12 inch for "A Letter From Afar". Hope you like. I'm going to dig up all my sweater vests and donate them to Goodwill now....

HEART OF GOLD
REMEMBRANCE DAY
A LETTER FROM AFAR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I like these guys.

According to their website, they might be playing a festival in Berlin. How great would that be.

I wonder if they are any good live though, but, ha, I guess it really doesn't matter.