Tuesday, June 13, 2006


YO LA TENGO "Yo La Tengo Is Murdering The Classics"

Tuesday doubleheader! Hurray for Little Elpees!

I'm not normally motivated to post twice in a day, but here's a quickie about beloved Hoboken trio, Yo La Tengo. New album with the best title ever "I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass" comes out at the end of summer on Matador. "Beanbag Chair" can be had right here.

YLT visit WFMU during their fundraising marathons each year. Callers can call in and request a cover song. They've compiled 10 years worth of their sometimes bizarre, sometimes sublime renditions on to one cd, you can get it here. I nearly peed when I heard "Route 66", easily the cutest version of all-time. For good measure, here's Yes's "Roundabout" which I hope reaches the ears of an Anderson, a Wakeman, or a Howe. That is all.

ROUTE 66
ROUNDABOUT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skippy, I think I still haven't commented yet. At a loss for words in your glorious rush of words and music...thank you!

Love alwayas,

~ Karen

youthlarge said...

sweet - i just ordered this from the YLT website. or was that a bad idea? i'm always a sucker for covers.

Anonymous said...

youthlarge, no, it's a good idea! :) the whole cd is a riot! xoxo

Mike said...

it's like the langley schools music project taking on "route 66." i love it.